- Ipe Hardwood
- Garapa Hardwood
- Laminated Plastic
- High Density Urethane
- Etched Metals
- Cast Aluminum
- Cast Bronze
- Sign Letters
Dendron™ full color sign panels are manufactured using a combination of extreme heat and pressure to fuse a protective layer over stunning fade resistant graphics. This unique process eliminates the possibility for delaminating layers, which are commonly associated with other over-laminate adhesive-backed processes that utilize vinyl or lamination. The result is a finished product that provides years of high quality graphics with little or no maintenance in even the harshest outdoor environments. What’s more, Dendron™ is manufactured from recycled content and utilizes water based pigmented inks meaning it is Eco-Friendly. Dendron™ graphic panels are commonly used for interpretive signage in parks, museums, zoos or other public venues that experience high traffic or harsh environmental conditions.
- 10-Year Non-Prorated Warranty
- Recycled Content Core
- Subsurface Graphics For Easy Cleaning
- Fade, Scratch & Graffiti Resistant
- Impervious To Moisture
- Allows For Geometric Or Free-Form Shapes
- Thermally Stable
Our Terra-Tec™ synthetic products are as close to the real thing as you can get. Nearly indistinguishable from natural materials, Terra-Tec™ is an economical alternative to real granite, rocks or wood and available in several unique shapes.
We’ve formulated the color selection to resemble the same colors found in Mother Nature. All of our Terra-Tec™ synthetic products are available with polished or unpolished faces and standard edges or rock-pitched edges. Terra-Tec™ is considered an acceptable material solution for entrance signs, wayfinding signs, address plaques and free-formed architectural elements.
- Enhanced graphical detail
- Mimics nearly any natural material or geographical setting
- Withstands extreme temperature changes
- Resists cracking & chipping
- Includes UV inhibitors and anti-graffiti finishes
Lamboo® is an engineered high-performance bamboo product sourced from sustainably managed plantations. Structurally superior to its wood counterparts, Lamboo® can be manufactured in both interior and exterior grades and comes in a variety of aesthetically- pleasing grain patterns. The use of Lamboo® products qualifies for up to 4 LEED® credits. Lamboo® furnishings require periodic maintenance. Because Lamboo® is available in both dimensional lumber and sheet profiles it is great material solution for site furnishings where a unique upscale look is desired. Please note that regular maintenance is required with this material, similar to that of natural wood products.
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor applications
- A high performance, sustainable wood
- Will not suffer from checking or cracking as commonly found in wood products
- Products made from Lamboo® can contribute to achieving LEED credits
Ipe wood is known by many names: Ipe Brazil, Amapa, cortex, Guayacan, Flor Amarillo, Greenheart, Madera negra, Tahuari, Lapacho negro. It also has a number of trade names, including Ironwood™, Pau Lope™ and Brazilian Walnut – commercial names given to Ipe lumber by large Brazilian exporters. All ipe products manufactured by R3 Site Furnishings are harvested from sustainable forests and Lacey Act-compliant. The U.S. Department of Agriculture and Forestry describes ipe as “very resistant to attack by decay, fungi and termites.”
Although it’s similar to garapa in terms of its strength and durability, ipe wood is much denser and therefore extremely resistant to preservation treatments. Left to nature, the color of your outdoor ipe furnishings will gradually change to a nice, consistent light gray. If you choose, power washing will restore its original appearance even after the gray color appears. Otherwise, periodically applying a protective finish will help your ipe resist weathering and retain its original color.
- Tropical hardwood grown abundantly in Central and South America
- Extremely dense wood that is four times harder than Teak
- Includes a Class 1 fire rating, the same as concrete and steel
- Insect and decay resistant, making it ideal for outdoor furniture and furnishings
- Ipe is chocolate colored when new but over time will age to an elegant silver patina
Garapa wood, also known as Brazilian Ash, is a dense and naturally durable Brazilian timber. Its golden color, fine grain and moderate cost make it an attractive alternate to more expensive hardwoods such as Teak or Ipe for furnishings and outdoor furniture. The light color also makes it attractive for environments that have heavy sun exposure as it will not become overly hot to the touch.
Periodic maintenance is all that’s required to keep your garapa site furnishings looking like new. Left untreated, the wood will develop a silver/gray patina.
- A fine-grained timber that is light yellow to a warm golden hue
- Garapa is naturally resistant to rot, decay and insects
- As the wood weathers, it takes on light silvery gray tones
Virtually maintenance-free, DuraLumber™ is an HDPE plastic material made from a combination of blended post-consumer recycled plastics and virgin plastics – materials that have the highest environmental ratings from the Healthy Building Network. Site furnishings made from DuraLumber™ can be recycled again at the end of their useful life making them a sustainable product.
DuraLumber™ products are essentially maintenance free, with exceptional resistance to moisture, fading, insects, splitting, warping and other hazards of environmental exposure common to wood or wood fiber composite products. It requires no waterproofing, staining or other similar recurring maintenance other than an occasional washing with soap and water. Additionally, the finished material includes high color stability UV pigment systems which minimize material breakdown from prolonged sun and weather exposure. Unlike units that include powder coated metal components, HDPE recycled plastic DuraLumber™ does not require painting or touch up due to fading or scratching.
- Sustainable material made from a combination of recycled and recyclable components
- UV stable with very little fading over the life of the product
- Will not rot, splinter, crack or peel
- Insect, graffiti and scratch resistant
- Requires only occasional cleaning with no staining or weather-proofing needed
- Exceptional resistance to corrosive substances such as oil, salt spray and other environmental stresses
Also known by its trade name of ColorCore®, is environmentally-stabilized, high-density laminated polyethylene designed to withstand even the harshest outdoor conditions. It resists moisture, making it ideal for pools, decks, spas and other areas that need to be frequently washed. Its thin cap layers and bright primary colors make it particularly suitable for outdoor park signs, wayfinding signs, address plaques and informational signs.
Available in a variety of color combinations, ColorCore® includes a solid color front and back side, with a contrasting inner core. When routed the inner color becomes the copy of the sign, with no paints being needed for the inclusion of text and graphics.
- Environmentally stabilized high-density polyethylene
- Developed to withstand the harshest outdoor conditions
- Can be used in wet areas that need to be washed often for cleaning, or are regularly exposed to moisture
- Thin cap layers and bright primary colors make it ideal for signage, marine, playground and recreational applications
Granite has long been recognized as one of the most durable and desirable materials used in the signage industry. Offered in hundreds of natural color choices, granite can easily be inlayed into monument structures to make elegant entrance features or post mounted to provide a high profile informational sign unit. Graphics are engraved into the stone and finished with either high performance paints, gold leaf or can be left in their natural state to provide a unique contrast between the standard high gloss finish and natural rough stone texture.
- Material is natural and will not fade, peel, corrode or rot
- Sandblasted granite provides a highly elegant dimensional signage look
- Graphics can be painted or leafed providing a long-term low-maintenance signage solution
- Available in many different colors, shapes and sizes
High Density Urethane
High density urethane (HDU) foam board delivers exceptional versatility and outstanding value. Whether carved, routed, sandblasted or machined, it is ideal wherever a uniform, grain-free, dimensionally stable material is desired. HDU has become one of the most popular sign making materials in the industry because it’s versatility to be easily manufactured to simulate other materials such as metal, wood or granite, without the added costs or concerns for material deterioration. Because HDU can be cut and shaped into almost any form it is an excellent material option for entrance signage, business signage, wayfinding signs or room and building identification signs.
- Suitable for outdoor use as it will not warp or rot
- Can simulate different materials including wood, metal, stone and plastic
- Accepts many different finishes including paint and leaf
Site Essentials works with a variety of etched metals and highly recommends these as material solutions when considering options for ADA signage, donor recognition, highly detailed logo or graphic displays needs or in applications where unique metals such as copper, brass and stainless steel are desired. Metals are chemically etched displaying beautiful high detailed graphics, and in many cases lower cost metals such as zinc can be finished with transparent tints making them appear like a bronze, copper or aluminum without the added metal costs.
Cast aluminum plaques are an excellent choice for outdoor signage due to their high resistance to corrosion and classic polished look. Cast aluminum is continually selected as the desired material for donor recognition plaques, memorialization plaques, address plaques, street sign vanes and entrance signage.
Cast bronze offers a long term solution for those needing a classic, rich looking sign material. Generally manufactured with graphics raised and belt sanded for a satin finish, then accented with a one color background finish, cast bronze is commonly used for dedication, memorialization, recognition and identification signs. Cast bronze can also include images cast within, as well as 3-Dimensional graphics that allow for the replication of logos, portraits and icons.
Sign letters are offered in many different material choices, shapes, sizes, colors and styles. Available in cut or cast metal, formed, routed, laser cut or injection molded plastic or custom formed internally lit channel letters, dimensional letters are commonplace in today’s signage industry.